At Dish Works we are a passionate group of creatives that love food and love to make beautiful content.
The Culinary Art Director is a key part of our creative team, working both on-site and remotely to create content for Dish Works clients.
This will initially be a part-time role with the opportunity to grow to full-time with benefits.
Please submit your application after reviewing and ensuring you have met the criteria below.
- Applicant must be located near and work on-site at our Lancaster, PA studio
- Applicant must demonstrate experience with and have examples of their culinary and visual style
- Flexible schedule during weekdays, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (no weekends / evenings)
- Extensive knowledge of food and drink and culinary terms, techniques and trends
- Passion and curiosity for continued learning to stay current with trends in food and drink
- Active communicator with good listening skills and clear and concise writing skills
- Prompt and punctual nature when communicating remotely or working on set
- Preferred: Photography experience, ideally with food and drink photography
- Communicate effectively with team members and clients
- Thoroughly understand each client's brand, visual style and marketing goals
- Thoroughly understand visual team's requirements and needs
- Work with production team to plan successful photo and video shoots
- Create client creative briefs, shot lists and shoot scripts for creative team
- Develop custom recipes to align with client and project needs
- Provide culinary feedback and recommendations for recipes and scripts
- Answer basic culinary questions from client and team
- Arrive ahead of team on shoot days, prepare set and maximize use of daylight hours
- Provide on-site food, prop and set styling for photo and video shoots
- Fuse your own vision and ideas with client needs and project requirements
- Work collaboratively with culinary team, videographers, photographers and editors to ensure deliverables are aligned with creative brief and client needs
- Readily assist the team with the organization and cleanup of studio before and after shoots
- Participate in weekly team update conference call
How to Apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio below. Please be sure to link to any relevant work — specifically, include any food and drink visual content.
We thank all applicants who express an interest. Unfortunately, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for this opportunity.