At Dish Works we are a passionate group of creatives that love food and love to make beautiful content.
The Culinary Hand Model is a key part of our creative team, performing all on-camera action in videos and photos for Dish Works clients.
This will initially be a part-time role with the opportunity to grow to full-time with benefits.
Please submit your application after reviewing and ensuring you have met the criteria below.
- Applicant must be located near and work on-site at our Lancaster, PA studio
- Applicant must demonstrate experience with a wide variety of cooking skills and kitchen equipment
- Flexible schedule during weekdays, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (no weekends / evenings)
- Knowledge of food and drink and culinary terms, techniques and trends
- Passion and curiosity for continued learning to build skill in the kitchen
- Active communicator with good listening skills
- Prompt and punctual nature when working on set
- Script + Outline Review
- Review all recipes prior to day of shoot and familiarize yourself with all ingredients and processes. You will be the “Chef/Cook” of the shoot.
- Review video scripts or photo shot list prior to day of shoot.
- Review shoot outline for agenda, prep items, etc.
- Hand Prep
- Trim nails and cuticles, get manicure (if needed--clear or nude polish).
- Moisturize and cover tattoos with makeup.
- Remove rings and arm jewelry (bracelets, watches, etc).
- Day-of Shoot
- Arrive at studio 30 minutes prior to filming start time.
- Review shoot outline and recipes for items/ingredients to be prepped for shoot.
- Assist Art Director and Kitchen Manager with ingredient prep and set-up.
- Follow instruction from Art Director for filming and/or shooting each scene.
- Keep hands clean and moisturized between takes.
- Between scenes, assist with cleanup and set up for the next scene.
- Assist team in washing dishes, organizing props, storing food, and resetting studio.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio below. Please be sure to discuss any relevant experience on-camera or working in a kitchen setting.
We thank all applicants who express an interest. Unfortunately, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for this opportunity.